Fall is officially here, and it’s about this time of year where everyone seems to fall ill.
I don’t know about you, but when I’m feeling sick, I try just about every remedy before reaching for that bottle of DayQuil. In fact, I haven’t taken cold medicine in over two years.
Here’s my guide to naturally treating your cold:
- drink plenty of water and Pedialyte to rehydrate
- drink tea – my favorite is green tea
- use a damp washcloth with a couple drops of peppermint oil for headaches
- drop peppermint oil in a hot shower to clear out your system
- avoid greasy, heavy foods
- treat sore throats with a saltwater gargle
If your symptoms continue or worsen, I recommend consulting a medical professional.
Keep warm + stay healthy